Create Your Wellness Plan: Where to Start?
Making the decision to create a personalised wellness plan requires reflection, determination and courage. Take a systematic approach, be organised, take small steps, make the change.
Here is a list of strategies to consider when you are creating your personalised wellness plan.
- Use your Executive Functioning Strategies
- Make a list and prioritise it
- From your list choose 1 or 2 things to focus on
- Start small making little changes
- Find a class to learn about your new change
- Read an article about your new change
- Use your Calendar
- Add it to your routine
- Make it a habit
- Do it daily until it is engrained
- Do one thing different
- Excellent strategy to get started
- Helps to build change
- Baby steps are important. Keep moving forward one small step at a time
Important thoughts to keep in mind:
Þ Take small steps – it is most important that you keep moving forward
Þ Use your calendar, make lists, be organised about enacting this change
Þ Prioritise – don’t try to do everything at once
Þ Use your network. Who will be your support?
Þ Practice self-compassion. Expect to make mistakes, you won’t get it perfect the first time around, keep coming back to the change you want to make
Þ When you plan your week, plan time to focus on your wellness plan
Þ Build this new practise into your routine.
Here is a template for a personal wellness plan